Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My project

I found my Mom's favorite old rocking chair, which she was give by my Grandpa. It was a very sentimental piece of furniture for my Mom. It had been through a lot, my Mom and Dad both used it to rock Katie, Betsy and I to sleep when we were younger. A few years ago we decided to get it fixed but never got around to it since it was during our house remodel. When I saw it a month or so ago I decided it would be the perfect project. It was my first novice try at refinishing, repairing and reupholstering furniture. There are a few flaws but over all I think it turned out well.

Before......






After......




3 comments:

Chris and Erin said...

That looks great. I love that chair!

Van Tassell said...

Woooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww!!! That's awesome. When I get there I am rocking my kids in it (whether they like it or not).

Melissa said...

That is so awesome. I love it. You really did a great job

Mark (and Melissa)