Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Betsy, Sweet Betsy

I am so lucky to be able to not only know Betsy but to have her as a sister. I always joke with her and tell her it's hard to have her as a sister, seriously though...... it's true. There is no way I could live to be half the person she is. I don't know how someone can be so brilliant, sweet, beautiful, smart and darn near perfect!




She's taught me a lot and has been a really great sister and second mom. It's hard for me to have her to be all the way in Virginia but somehow she makes it seem like she not so far away.I am so proud of her she has done everything in her life with such grace. Her wonderful choice in a husband (I don't know what I'd do if I didn't get to have been as a brother and friend), her brilliance, her beautiful children and her passion for helping people. She truly is one of the people I admire the most! (Bets- it's hard to have a gifted sister)


Something that I think describes Betsy the most is a song that says,
'And everything around her is a silver pool of light
The people who surround her feel the benefit of it
It makes you calm'



It's truly a blessing to know Betsy

2 comments:

BeccaVT said...

Yay for Betsy!

I always thought sarah looked most like Ben, but not after seeing that picture!

abigail said...

That is sweet Barb. I think I might feel sorta like you do about Betsy. She is like a sister to me. Love you Betz and Barb, (and Colb). I just love everyone :-)